The best way to drink wine
AdminTh 2 30/05/2022
Wine is an indispensable part of parties, including daily meals. Wine makes the dish richer and more delicate, helping us to enjoy that meal to the fullest. Then you know how to enjoy wine the right way... Let El Flamico tell you!
Principles of pairing wine with food
There are two common types of wine: red wine and white wine. The rule of combining meats with wine is generally concluded that: White wine should go with white meat (poultry, seafood), and red wine should go with red meat (iberico bacon, beef, etc.) pigs, sheep).
Light, low-alcohol, or fruity wines should be paired with light dishes. Heavy, alcoholic wines should be paired with fatty dishes or large meals.
Red wine served with iberico pork
Or it can be based on the following principles:
- Wine must be more acidic than food.
- Wine must be sweeter than food.
- The wine must have the same flavor intensity as the food.
- Red wines pair best with intensely flavored meats (eg: red meat).
- White wines pair best with mildly intense meats (eg: fish or chicken).
- Bitter wines (e.g: red wine) are best balanced with fat.
A guide to drinking wine the right way
- Before enjoying:
– For white wine: cold soak before use because the standard temperature to enjoy these two wines is about 10-12 degrees Celsius. After pouring, soak in an ice bucket.
– For red wine: the standard temperature is a bit higher, so just soak the ice just enough. If left for too long, it can damage the taste, not the right taste. At the same time, before drinking red wine, you open the bottle of wine for about 15 - 30 minutes to let the wine breathe, which means it works with oxygen to reduce alcohol. This makes the taste of red wine richer, stronger and more acrid than the original flavor.
Let the red wine breathe for 15-30 minutes
- How to hold a wine glass:
When drinking, you should hold the glass by the base or foot, only using your fingers to gently lift the glass. Avoid touching the wine bottle with your hands. Because the temperature from the palm will make the wine warm, affecting the flavor of the wine.
- Wine pouring:
With red wine, you should only pour 1/2 glass, with white and rosé wines, you should only pour 1/3 glass. Then enjoy it slowly and slowly.
When pouring wine into a glass, the mouth of the bottle must be separate from the mouth of the glass, do not put the neck of the bottle on the mouth of the glass to pour.
Do not pour to the end, should leave a little because the residue will settle at the end of the bottle.
The right time to use wine
According to research, 90% of those who like to enjoy wine in the evening, during meals or before going to bed will be able to feel the taste of wine more clearly, and at the same time, it is very good for health.
You can easily find Australian, Chilean, and Spanish wines at El Flamico with absolutely guaranteed quality and good prices. Please contact us to order!